Thursday, February 28, 2013

Visiting the Junkyard


I accomplished a birding first this past weekend.  I went and visited a landfill to see some gulls.  While I had heard of a couple rare gulls at the landfill, I was really going to learn more about gulls as a whole.  In the end, I was confronted with a lot of smells and similarity.  I can't tell you that I was hit with a moment of transient and profound wisdom.  But I did gain a better appreciation of gulls.  I know how that I am getting ready to look at more gulls and really embrace that challenge.

I've never asked for comments but I'd like 2 things if you read this.  #1 what's the best book on gulls out there and #2 what are good sites to get close to some gulls?

Thanks and hope to hear from you all soon!

2013 Year List: 80 (120 to Go!)
Common Goldeneye
Bufflehead
Long Tailed Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment