Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A long Walk but a short addition...

So I took a long walk and only got one bird for 2012. But the Journey there was great fun. In the middle of winter, to talk over 3 miles and see all sorts of birds fly around reminded me that the migration is almost here. And boy does it look like it will be great. But I am getting ahead of myself. Today. American Robins, House Sparrows, Mute Swans nesting, Common Grackles, Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers, Northern Cardinals and the only new bird for 2012, the American Coot. Coot's aren't normally described as elusive, but this coot was awkwardly elusive. He was darting in and out of some reeds in a shallow lake. But then again, a couple of Bald Eagles had been spotted around the lake, so the Coot, also known as one of the Bald Eagle's favorite meals, was wise to be hiding. Well, I'll be rooting for you!

Outing #18
American Coot

2012 Total: 91

A Coot in the Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment