Monday, August 26, 2013

Birding in Dixie: Alabama and Florida

Birding in Dixie: Alabama and Florida

A Disclaimer.  Most of my time in these 2 locales was spent with family.  This means little time for birding, lots of dips, but still a lot of fun.  I did get to see some spectacular things even if I missed out on lots of birds. I did spend some time visiting Civil Rights sites.  As a history teacher, I truly enjoyed this trip even though I struggled as a birder.  I've attached some photos from my visit.  Not great as a birder.

Can you find the Hummingbird Moth? (A Clearwing Moth)

A Grasshopper in Talladega, Alabama

White Ibis in a Florida Rest Stop

A not uncommon sign in Florida

A Anole in Florida

An Anhinga in Florida

2013 Year Birds: 247
Florida Additions:
White Ibis
Anhinga Life Bird

Next Stop: Coastal Georgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment