Saturday, April 6, 2013

Don't Mess with my peeps

And by peeps I mean shore birds.  I've read, and re-read The Shorebird Guide and hoped that it would help me with the difficult task of distinguishing different shorebirds.  Sadly, this is not the case.  The Song of the Shorebird is intricate, subtle, and puzzling.  Which means for some birders the task of sorting shorebirds is a exciting as anything else.  Shorebirds are awesome.  They migrate massive distances, live in conditions that humans can only take for a few months of the year.

So in honor of shorebirds.  I've posted 3 pictures of flats that shorebirds love.  Make your guesses as to what you see below.  Enjoy the challenge!

Picture #1
 Picture #2
 Picture #3

Leave your guesses in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment